Realm of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My old dream vault.

Go down

My old dream vault. Empty My old dream vault.

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 pm

This is where I'll be storing all of my old work I could find.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

https://realmofthesky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty "The Rube Brothers"

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 pm

The town of Rosemary was a peaceful one. It was in a small valley, surrounded by lush green forests. It had a small river running through it, and the sun was high in the sky, shining brilliantly upon the tiny town.
  Darrel and Mark stared with pride at their new home. It was a two-story house made entirely made out of wood, which came surprisingly cheap for its somewhat large size.
  “Wow wee! We sure found a great pearl in this town eh Darebear?”
  Darrel rubbed his furry muzzle in interest, “Well, sure. Now we just have to find out why it came at such a cheap price.”
  Mark ignored this comment, dropped his umbrella, and charged into the inside. He stared at the huge room, which was pretty much the entire first floor, with the stairs at the far back.
  “This… is… awesome! It’s got such a cold homely feeling to it!”
  Darrel joined him inside and gave him his umbrella, “If you call big empty rooms homely, then I guess so.” He ventured towards the stairs to check the second floor.
  Mark ran back outside to their carriage. He was about to go in it when he noticed someone walking towards him. He turned in that direction and saw something that almost made him melt. The most gorgeous girl he had ever seen was waking towards him. Her beautiful flowing blonde, almost gold, hair waving in the wind.
  “Hello!” he shouted at her while waving.
  She seemed to be startled by the enthusiastic greeting smiling warmly, “Hello neighbor!” She called as enthusiastically as she could.
  He walked up to her, “Soooo, you’re our neighbor, eh? Um… That’s cool that we could get such a cute girl like you!”
  She blushed, “Oh stop it! I just came to welcome my two new neighbors to the neighborhood. I, er, I made a pie this morning, a-and I thought you might like it. My name’s Heather anyways.”
  Mark brushed his sweaty white hair out of his eyes, and realized he left his umbrella inside the house, “I’m Mark,” Darrel came out of the house with the umbrella, “And that’s my brother Darrel. We’re the Rube brothers.”
  Heather stared, wide eyed, at the beast, which had came out of the house, “It’s a b-b-b-bear!” She dropped the pie, which spilled all over the ground with a plop.
  Darrel came over and handed Mark the umbrella, “Well, technically I’m a panda, but I prefer it if you called me Darrel.” He noticed the splattered pie on the ground, “Was that pie for us? Pity.”
  Heather continued to stare in the astonishment at the towering panda, which had just talked to her, “When, where, wha-…” She coughed to recompose herself, “I’m sorry, let me try again. Hi Darrel, my name’s Heather, your new next-door neighbor.” She reached out her hand shakily.
  The panda grasped her hand with his paw, which, to Heather’s surprise, was very hot, and shook it hardily, “Well thank you! We are, indeed, happy to be here. We would invite you inside, but we haven’t set things up, so could you come maybe later this evening?”
  Mark bent down and poked at the remains of the pie, “Yeah! That would be great!” He took a handful of it and stuffed it into his mouth, “Mmf, vewy goof pie!” He said as he spit out some grit that had found it’s way into the pie.”
  Heather giggled at his antics and nodded happily, “It would be my pleasure. I’ll make another pie if you want.”
  Mark nodded through mouthfuls of pie, “If is’ hawf as goof, gulp, as this one, then yes please!”
  She giggled again, “Ok then, I’ll be back later tonight!”
  They waved at her as she went back to her house. Darrel turned and stared at Mark, who was still gorging on the remnants of the pie.
  He munched thoughtfully, “Very nice girl. I hope we get to stay in this town this time.”
  Darrel was still staring at him in disgust, “You’re a pig…”
  “Last time I checked I was still human.” He looked down at himself as if to make sure.
  Darrel sighed, “I meant you act-… never mind, I’m going to start unpacking the carriage.”

It was twilight, and the stars were beginning to slowly show themselves across the sky.
  Mark was pacing back and forth in front of the door tirelessly. Darrel was sitting in an armchair near the fireplace, reading a book.
  “She’s not going to come any sooner if you continue to do that you know.” He adjusted his reading glasses, “Why don’t you, perhaps, commit yourself to do something else that would take your mind off of things. Maybe you could make our beds finally so we don’t have to worry about it later.”
  Mark kept pacing around, “Nah, I’ll do that later, I know she’ll be here any minute now, I can feel it.”
  A few minutes later Heather did indeed knock on the door. Mark immediately swung the door open to find Heather standing nervously and holding another fresh pie. A sweet cherry scent wafted into the room.
  “Welcome to our very humble house, Heather!” he said excitedly, and then realized how funny it sounded, and chuckled.
  Heather walked in and looked around. Other than the area around the few pieces of furniture that lay around the fireplace, the place was filled with books.
  She went over to where Darrel was sitting, and sat down on a couch, “Why are there books everywhere?
  Mark went over and sat beside her, “It’s because we want to make a library here."
  Heather gazed around and tried to make herself comfortable, which didn’t seem to happen since the couch was rather hard, “Where did you get the furniture anyways? You couldn’t have possibly brought all of this in that carriage.”
  Mark glanced at Darrel, who in turned nodded some sort of approval, and then said, “Well… it’s something I made just today.”
  Heather looked up in bemusement, “Just today? How could you possibly…” She looked under the animal fur blankets which covered the couch and paused, “… Is that ice?”
  Mark nodded, "Yep, the animal coats moderate the ice’s temperature, so they can survive throughout the day without melting.”
  Heather stood up, “That’s not what I meant! How did you get a block of ice in the shape of a couch here?!”
  Mark put up his arms, “Hey, this is no time to start getting worried, it’s just I have eximius powers, er, you know.”
  Heather sat down again, but was still quite nervous, “You mean you have those types of powers? I’ve never met someone with those. I’ve only heard about them. So you can control ice?”
  Mark nodded and smiled, “Yeah pretty neat huh? Though this power has a weakness…”
  “Weakness?”
  “Yeah, if I get too hot I start melting, I don’t really know what happens when I melt completely, but I’m not willing to find out…”
  Heather contemplated this, “So that’s why you have the umbrella?”
  Mark nodded again, “Yep, though I keep forgetting it everywhere… Luckily I have Darrel with me.”
  Darrel sighed, “You do not want to know about all the trouble he has put me through, but I do what I can.” He closed his book and went upstairs.
  “Where’s he going?” Heather asked.
  “Oh, we got some good roasted meat ready, if you would like some.” Mark replied. He took a wishful glance at the pie, “Er, that apple pie you made earlier today was delicious! Are you a baker or something?”
  Heather nodded happily, “Oh yes! I am a baker.”
  Mark grinned, “That’s great, I’ll definitely come around to buy more of your foods. Do you help your parents with that?”
   Heather shook her head sadly, “No… they died in the war when I was fifteen.”
   Mark gaved an embarrassed, “Oh…” And they gazed at each for a moment, and Heather noticed that his eyes were a sort of darker shade of grey. Darrel came down and interrupted them, each of them turning forward and coughing slightly.
  He placed a plate piled on with bits of meat, and the aroma was mouth-watering, “I hope you do enjoy this, it was caught and roasted by myself.”
  He sat down as Mark started upon it like a wolf, “I didn’t think it would have been a good idea to tell you we were eximius power users, but he insisted on it, saying that you seemed trustworthy. I myself am a fire user.” He raised his finger, and a small ball of fire ignited itself on the tip like a candle.
  It disappeared in a whisp of smoke and Darrel sat back deeper into the chair, “But we do want to make a library here, yes.”
  Heather was getting tired of being surprised, and sort of took it normally, “Well, I never did think I would get such exotic neighbors.” She looked down on Mark, who nearly finished the plate of meat.
  “Oh, did you want some? I may have made it a bit cold though.” He took a strip and handed to Heather, who in turn took it and munched on it, thinking how these two would affect her daily life.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty "The Hunted"

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 pm

It was a hot Friday afternoon as a yellow school bus dropped a boy off in the outskirts of the suburbs, and he was the last student to get off. The bus drove away in a hurried manner, as the driver was usually annoyed about having to drive so far out.
 Patrick sighed, he too hated living all the way out here, on top of a large hill surrounded by a small forest no less. He moodily trekked his way home on the only pavement that led to his house.
 It wasn’t because they didn’t have enough money to move or anything. The problem was that his parents insisted on staying, mostly because, apparently, the Braveheart household had been passed down for many generations.
Braveheart.
 Oh how he despised that name. It was cheesy. It was flashy. It made him seem like he was trying to show off. He made a vow to himself hat he would, one day, change that name.
 He finally made it to the top of the hill, and saw his house. What made it so special? It looked like any other house. Scratch that, it looked much worse.
 It had only a single floor. The walls were painted white, but the paint was peeling off in some areas. The windows were plain. The roof was leaky. He just plainly hated living there.
 “Mom, I’m home!” He shouted as he threw his backpack on the floor and headed for the kitchen for something to eat. He found his mother in the kitchen already
 “Welcome home dear, I’ve made you a snack.” She handed him a plate with a ham sandwich and chips. He went into the living room, which was right next to the kitchen.
  “Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy skies, with a small chance of light rain,” Chattered the news reported on the TV, “And in other news, we had an unexpected meteor shower yesterday, so if you- PSST.” Patrick changed the channel as he munched on his sandwich.
 “Dad says he will be coming in a few days later than planned, so he will be here on Wednesday.” His mom said from the kitchen. Patrick nearly noted this, as it wasn’t anything new to him.
 He finished the snack and got up, went into the kitchen to take the rest of the bag of chips, and headed to his room, “Oh, and Lucky has been digging something up all afternoon, would you mind filling the holes back again?”
Patrick shrugged and called, “Lucky!” A small, brown Yoskhire Terrier came through the back door, wagging its tail furiously.
 Patrick kneeled down, “Now Lucky, no more digging in the back yard, ok boy?” He rubbed lucky’s head, turned around, and walked down the hall to his room.
 His mom crossed her arms, stared a bit questionably at Lucky, and called down the hall, “Is that all?”
 Patrick replied in a tired tone, “I just got back from school mom, I’ll do it later.” And he closed the door. His mom sighed, brushed her brown hair back, and went back to work.
 Patrick sat down in front of his computer; it was going to be a boring weekend, he thought, because none of his friends had any free time to do stuff.

The full moon shown brilliantly across the city, as if to mock the TV report.
Patrick was still on the computer before he realized what time it was, “Oh shoot! Eleven already? I still have to cover the holes. He sat back in his chair, stretched and yawned, “Haaaaa, mm. Maybe I’ll just do it tomorrow.”
 He headed to bed, when suddenly he heard a dish break in the direction of the kitchen. Patrick paused, waiting in silence to see if he would hear anything else.
 Nothing.
 Patrick crept into the hallway. The kitchen light was still on, but the whole house was eerily silent.
 He then slowly tiptoed down the hall, each step causing a slight creak in the wood, which made him flinch.
 He stopped right before he entered the kitchen. He thought he could hear a sort of muffled breathing sound. He froze, what if a robber had broken in? What if he was holding his mom hostage? What would he do then? He regretted leaving his phone in his room. He had to get a look though, so he held the wall with his sweaty hand and peeked around the corner.
 What he saw sent a cold shock of fear throughout his entire body.
 There, gnawing on the corpse of his mother, was a huge, hairy…
 What was that?! Its huge, wolf-like head was busy gorging in the body, making quiet crunching sounds. It had a long, slender body with long and thin arms, which were holding the body in place. He couldn’t help noticing its claws digging into the body.
 He then noticed her face. She had a terrified look plastered on her face, her dead eyes staring in horror at nothing in particular.
 Patrick stood there, trying to scream, but nothing came out of his mouth. He was too terrified from the repulsive sight he saw to even squeak, but he was unable to take his eyes off of it.
 The thing raised its head in his direction, its blood-red eyes piercing him so fiercely that Patrick stumbled backwards, still staring at its eyes.
 It got up on its hind legs, towering over him. It bared its rows of sharp, almost glowing, teeth. Patrick had never seen something so horrifying in his life. He sat there, completely paralyzed by it. Its hand brushed by the drying rack, knocking another dish to the floor, which broke with a loud crack.
 This startled Patrick, and he suddenly remembered where he was, and struggled to get up and away.
 The crash also, fortunately, startled the monster. It looked down at the broken dish, then immediately returned its gaze at its prey. Seeing how he was trying to get away, it lunged at him.
 Patrick barely jumped away in time, struggling to stay on his feet to run away as the thing crashed through the wall with a deafening howl.
 All he could think about right now was that he had to get the hell out of there. He burst out the front door, slamming it shut behind him.
 He sprinted with all of his strength across the lawn, tears streaming from his eyes. He started whimpering when he heard the door explode behind him.
 Patrick tried to listen to anything that might hint him on how far it might be behind him, but what scared him was that he couldn’t hear anything. He risked a glance, and what he saw made him try to run even faster than possible.
 It was right behind him, shooting towards him on all fours, its red eyes focused intently on him.
 He made it to the edge of the top of the hill, and without stopping, jumped down through the dense wall of trees that surrounded the hill. He was half-running half-stumbling through the foliage, trying to navigate himself so that he wouldn’t hit a tree.
 When he thought he could not stand this any longer, he suddenly fell off a ledge right into a small creek at the base of the hill. He splashed around, struggling to get up. Eventually, when he did, he looked around to see that nothing was chasing him at the moment.
 Where did that monster go? A ghastly howl rang throughout the forest as if to answer him. He shuddered, picturing himself as a sitting duck, and quickly got out on the other side and started tirelessly running through the field.
 He could see the many lights of the city; maybe, just maybe he could outrun it and make it back into civilization.
 No.
 He had to hide somewhere. Thinking to himself, he remembered an old cave he had discovered around here. Maybe he could hide there until it felt safe.
 His legs were aching, but he finally found the cave.
 Patrick walked inside, he was breathing hoarsely, trying hard to stop it, but he didn’t seem to be able to control it. He turned around to look outside, and his entire body froze, he stopped breathing.
 It was there.
 It was at the mouth of the cave.
 Its eyes still piercing Patrick so much that he took a small step back.
 It continued to stare at Patrick, as if he knew this was the final moment, he had nowhere to run, and suddenly felt very stupid in thinking that he could hide from it.
 He took another step back. It took a step forward. The cave howled with a silent, cold breeze. The moonlight shining off of its brown fur.
 It charged.
 Patrick panicked, and he took a few steps back and found that his foot wasn't touching anything.
He fell backwards into a small hole, which he had forgotten was there. All he could see as he fell down were the two glowing eyes of the monster.
 The last thing he thought of before he blacked out was his mother, laying on the floor, dead, in a puddle of blood, never to rise again.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Bean's Story (Pt 1)

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:38 pm

It was a scorching hot day.

Bean tried to ignore the heat, and focus on his target. But it just seemed to keep crawling back into his mind.
 He took a swig of water from his canteen, but immediately spit it out again. The water was hot enough to boil eggs. Damn, it was too hot today.
 He didn’t feel very smart for wearing a long sleeve shirt with a tunic. He was sweating profusely, even in the shade of the small shrubbery he had been hiding in all day in.
 He continued to try to focus on his target.
 The target in question was a small ten-meter giant (small in comparison to other giants that is) armed with a huge metal mallet and a sack of whatever plunders the giant had acquired in his recent raids.
 The giant scratched at his long beard that reached past his waist, as he continued onward, oblivious to the small hunter hiding in the desert shrubbery just below him.
 This was it! He had been waiting all day for this occurrence, and to finish the task. Failure was not an option. Bean reevaluated his plan, making sure to revise every last detail.
 The rookie giant hunter rummaged around his haversack, and took out a blowpipe, a dart and a small bottle of liquid. He dipped the dart in the bottle and carefully placed it into the blowpipe.
 Bean waited until he had a clear view of the nape of the giant’s neck.
 He saw it, and immediately shot the dart.
 It nearly missed, but he could see it sticking out on the far side. The giant stopped, clutched at his neck, and turned around. He looked around and spotted the human.
 Bean took off in a run, as the poison would take a while to fully spread through the body.
 The enraged giant gave chase, his already slow movements dulling.
 Bean reached a large stream, the dark waters shimmering with white streaks showing that it was full of fish. He turned around to face the giant, who was nearly at a standstill.
 Great! It worked!
 The colossal being grunted in frusteration as it tried to move forward.
 Bean grabbed a small scroll from his laversac and smirked, maybe he would actually be able to pull this off!
He unrolled the scroll, placed his hand in the middle, and slammed it onto the ground.
 „Axicia!“ He  yelled as the scroll hit the ground.
 A huge pair of scissors appeared amidst a puff of smoke a few feet above the scroll. It hovered in mid-air for a few moments before launching towards the giant, who had become completely paralyzed.
 Bean focused intensely on the scissors, trying to guide them straight at the giant’s neck.
 Suddenly a blast rang out across the desert, and the scissors exploded, all the pieces  disappearing in smoke before hitting the ground. The scroll that was still on the ground burned away into nothing.
 It would have looked like an impressive fireworks display, only Bean didn’t notice at all.
He only stood there, staring at the giant, who was starting to move around slowly, in shocked terror. What the hell just happened?!
 The giant gazed down at the unfortunate giant hunter, thinking about how useful these other humans turned out to be. He started to move slowly again.
 Another blast rang out, and Bean gasped in agony as an intense pain suddenly rushed through Bean’s body, bringing back into reality. He grasped the left side of his head where the pain was shooting through him, and discovered his ear was missing, and a lot of blood was gushing out.
 Not waiting to look around, he immediately ran towards the stream and jumped into it.
 The giant was now back to his normal self, and he had walked up to the stream near the spot Bean had jumped in, which was indicated with ripples that disturbed the slow current.  The giant readied his mallet.
 The moment he saw a glimpse of the little human’s body, he immediately brought it down, splitting the stream in half. Water engulfed the banks as it rushed outwards. The giant waited until the  stream shortly returned to its quiet flow, and was sure the man would never come up again. He laughed hardily and scratched his beard. He was in such a good mood now.
 The giant turned around and continued to wherever he was headed to before the short interruption.
In an indentation under the stream’s bank, Bean, who was waist deep in water, was furiously trying to hold his breath. The combination of pain and water soon became too much for him, and he started sputtering water from his mouth and sobbing. He had nearly drowned in the fearsome wave, and on top of that he had sacrificed his good tunic to fool the giant.
 He ripped a patch of wet pants and placed it on the spot where his deformed ear was, blood still spilling out down the side of his head, and tears of pain and self-loathing streamed down his hardened features.
 He had failed.
 Bean shambled around, trying to stay under the shade of the bank. He felt horrible, almost suicidal, but immediately took the thought out of his head, he still had someone he needed to protect...
 The miserable figure started wading through the muddy water under the bank towards the sea, slowly and steadily.
 Dear Alycia.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Bean's Story (Pt 2)

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:39 pm

The sun was starting to set as Bean saw the first outskirts of the town called Sen. His entire body screamed at him in pain and exhaustion. He climbed out of the stream, which had turned into a broad flowing river.
 Beyond the town, the sea shined and sparkled under the gaze of the sun, its red and orange hues spreading across the waters as if the sea was on fire. It looked so beautiful that he just stood there and stared at it. Why did the world have to be so cruel with such magnificent beauties?
 His ear had stopped bleeding at least.
 The lone figure trudged towards the town he despised, his shadow stretching far behind him.
 When he reached the town, the streets were empty and all the windows and doors were closed shut, as he expected. He walked down the desolate streets. The houses were made out of rust-colored clay, and most of them were in the shape of a cube. A lot of them were demolished, as if the roof had just collapsed, and others were just empty and looked like they had been pillaged by bandits.
 He glanced, with hatred, at the giant castle that stood at the edge of town near the sea. He hated this castle, and everything it was supposed to represent.
 Bean soon stopped in front of one of the houses. This one in particular was his. He had bought it with his own hard-earned money, way back before the giants came.
 He quickly ignored the thought, lest it made his mood even worse than it already was.
 Bean went up to the house, but instead of going towards the door, he started climbing beside it. He had chipped in small grasps, hardly visible and just enough to climb up to the roof. Once he got up, he walked to a small trap door, opened it, and climbed down a ladder into his him.
 “Welcome home. “ A woman lying in a bed across the room called out to him as he reached the bottom of the ladder. He looked at her, failing to hide the expression of misery on his face.
 She instantly understood what had happened and said, in a small calm voice, “It’s ok, Bean. I already knew it was futile from the beginning. I’m so happy that you made it back alive…” She turned her head towards the bed, tears started to build up in her eyes, but her long blonde hair hid them, “I feel fortunate to have been able to meet a person who care for me so. You remind me of my brother.”
 Bean rushed up to the bed and knelt beside her, “It’s not ok! I couldn’t get the giant’s treasure. I’m just so useless! We might as well try to run away now…”
 Alycia wrapped her warm arms weakly around his head and whispered, “Hush now, you needn’t worry about me. You know just as well as I do that you couldn’t possibly carry me across the desert without a map or supplies. What happened to your head?” She uncovered the cloth he had used to cover his injury and started to look worried, “Your ear! How horrible! Here, let me cover it for you. Just hand me the bandages.”
 Bean took some slightly dirty bandages from the shelf and handed them to her. She then proceeded to tend the ugly wound on his head. Bean just sat there, thinking of a way to get out of his predicament. “I’m not going to let them take you. I will join you if I can’t save you.”
 She continued tending the wounds and said, “You have enough money to pay this month’s rent, please just listen to me this once: stay alive. I was a burden to you the moment you took me off the streets; I knew I would die in this town the moment my ship left without me. You say you are useless, but you still have your strength. Don’t waste it on someone as truly useless as me.” She tied the bandages in a knot and hugged his head again, runing her fingers through his dark brown hair, “I love you Bean, and I don’t want you to go through the same fate as me.”
 Bean was speechless; they stayed in this embracement for what felt like a lifetime to him. He couldn’t lose her now that he knew her true feelings. He hated how he couldn’t save the one person who made his life worthwhile. What could he possibly do to save her?! “I can’t just let-“
 He was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was pitch-black out and a silhouette of someone’s head appeared in the window. This time someone banged on the door, the force of the knock grabbing the attention of neighbors. Alycia released his head and slowly sat back in the bed.  He could hear her slight sobs as he realized she was crying.
 The door flung open as a hefty man with long hazel hair burst through the door, sword drawn, with 5 other men behind him, “When I knock, I expect an answer! I am Kalem of the Amadas Brigade, and I have come for this month’s tax!” He stared at the two figures huddled near the bed. The silence lasted a few moments before he burst out laughing, “Gahahaha! So what's the deal, eh? Seems like we might have some more helpers at the castle then!” He signaled to the others that they should take them.
 The burly, barbaric looking grunt came up towards the two convicts, when Alycia suddenly sat up and waved her arms, “Please sirs, there is enough money for the young man there in the chest. Take it and leave him alone!”
 The grunts halted and Kalem raised his brow, “Oh? Seems we only get half of the original price. Fine, I will leave the man here.” He pointed his sword towards Bean, “Count yourself as lucky this time, as I am not usually a merciful man. The woman seems to know what’s good for ya!”
 Bean sat there, completely dumbfounded, why did she do this? He felt his anger building up as the grunts heaved Alycia from the bed and away from his grasp. He shot up like an arrow, yelling a blood cry as he charged at the grunt holding Alycia, and punched him square in the face. The grunt was blown backwards, and  Alycia fell to the ground, crying out for Bean to stop. The other grunts knocked Bean down and started kicking at him until he was no longer conscious. He laid there on the cold floor in a heap, blood appearing on his bandaged wound.
 Kalem finished counting the money, and looked nonchalantly at Bean, “I knew this would happen. I guess I am being much too merciful today, but just tie up the woman.”
 One of the grunts hoisted her up, but she just fell back onto the ground, sobbing slightly and staring at the limp body of Bean, “Come on, can’t you walk at all?! Move it!” He tried again, but she could not stand up at all.
 Kalem headed out the door, ‘’It seems she's just another cripple. Rest assured, there are more ways of using a woman than just work.” Some of the grunts chuckled at this joke, while the Alycia was put over the grunt’s soldier like a rug, her tear-stained face staring at Bean before she was brought outside into the night.                        Neighbors were looking through their windows at the commotion, but all of them quickly shut themselves in again, as Kalem and his group headed towards the castle. They knew they would return for them soon, and did not want bad reputations beforehand.
 Beans just lied there on the ground in his house, his mind completely blank.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Lues Rapax (pt 1)

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 pm

The bustle of cars could be heard from outside the window as Kain opened the door to the small apartment room where he would now be living. He looked around, examining his new home. It was a small room with white walls and a window on the furthest side. He could see it was dusty and probably hadn’t been used in a long time.
 Kain sighed, thinking how much his life changed in the last few days. Setting down his luggage, he went back into the hallway of his apartment. To his right was a small kitchen with only a sink, a stove with an oven, and a small table that was only big enough for one person. Ahead of him was a small bathroom. To his left was the entrance to the overall small apartment.
 Kain turned around and opened the window. The sun shined brilliantly in the hot afternoon, and the long shadows of the buildings ahead of him collided with the buildings on his side of the road.  
 Kain was fascinated by the way the sun infused its light into the taller glass buildings, filling them with life. Far below many cars were driving back and forth, making it look like a river of sorts. People were walking alongside the road, some alone, others joined up in a group, but all oblivious to his curious eyes peering from above.
 Kain was so distracted by these sites that he didn’t notice a man walk up to his bedroom door.
 “Welcome to New York! So you like the view, huh? I guess I picked a good apartment for you then.”
 Kain turned around towards the person he considered his savior.
 “Will, I’ve never seen anything so beautiful…” Tears started welling up in his eyes and the man dropped the two suitcases he was carrying and rushed over to Kain and embraced him.
 “It’s all over now, don’t worry Kain, it’s all going to get better from here on.” Kain couldn't remember the last time he had been hugged, he enjoyed the warm feeling he felt as he wiped his tears away.
 “Thank you Will, I will try my best.”
 After that they started cleaning the apartment and continued to bring the rest of the little furniture Will had gathered for Kain.
 Kain set down the last chair and looked around at his new room. There was a small bed that laid on the side of the room, on the other side stood two drawers for clothing and under the window lay a desk for any work he would need to do.
 It was a small, poor looking room, but to Kain it felt like a room fit for a king. Will came through the door and looked around.
 “Seems like everything is in place, are you ready for school tomorrow?” Kain looked at the floor, unsure of how to reply.
 Will chuckled and said, “Don’t worry, you remember the directions I gave you right?” Kain nodded, and he continued, “Just make sure you don’t miss the bus. I talked to the principle of the school, and he agreed to meet you at the entrance to give you a small tour. I’ll come pick you up after school.”
 He walked up to Kain and handed him a cell phone and charger, “If you ever need anything just give me a call, I’ll try to help you as best as I can!” He turned around and walked to the door. Before he went he stopped and said, “Goodnight Kain and see you tomorrow.”
 Kain answered with a simple, quiet, “Bye” and Will left.
 After taking a shower and changing, Kain laid down in his bed. He looked at the alarm clock that Will had provided for him and noticed the time. It was eleven-thirty p.m. and he was extremely tired. The flight here had taken over twenty hours and he had absolutely no energy left. He wondered if he would even be able to wake up at six, the time the alarm was set to.
 Kain could only wonder what school was like, the only lifestyle he knew was probably nothing similar to what it was really like. He knew a lot of other kids would probably be there, but would he make any friends? That question seemed to burn itself into his mind, he couldn’t stop asking it. He continued to ponder the question for a little while until finally, he fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

Samantha was having one of those pleasant days, where she just felt really lucky. First off she made it to the bakery in time to buy the last honeybun. Then, she caught the school bus right before it left, which was usually something she never did. She usually had to take the city bus which always took so much longer. On top of that when she got to school she found out she aced that Math test she studied so hard for last week. It was just one of those days where everything seemed to go her way and she was hoping it would stay like that way.
 The bell rang, indicating the start of the second period. Today was Tuesday, and it was history class. Samantha was working hard to follow the Professor’s teachings and take notes. Someone lightly tapped on her shoulder, and she turned around to find her bestfriend Candice gazing out the window.
 ”What do you want?” whispered Samantha. Candice simply pointed outside. Samantha looked and stared at the curious sight she saw. A boy with dark-blonde hair was walking slowly towards the school. Every so often he would stop, turn around as if to go back, then somewhat hesitently turn around again towards the school.
 Candice giggled, “Seems like a shy one! I wonder if he’s that new transfer student the principle was talking about yesterday.”
 Samantha just continued to stare at the boy.
 Candice elboed her lightly and winked, “Pretty cute eh? Maybe you were waiting for a guy like him to show up right?”                
 Samantha pushed her away, “Of course not! Stop distracting me, I’m trying to concentrate!” She returned to note taking, wondering if her good day was going to last.

Kain walked up to the forbidding building that was to be his highschool. It was a tall rectangular building that had windows scattered everywhere.
 Kain was extremely nervous because he had overslept. He then missed the bus and had to wait half an hour before he could go anywhere.
 He went into the main entrance, looking around to see if anyone was there. The main lobby was incredibly big. There were some couches and chairs set up on one side, probably for the students. Up ahead he saw the main counter and a woman sitting there.
 Kain walked up to it, half-expecting her to be annoyed, and scold him or something for being late.
 Instead she did something he did not expect, she looked up at him and smiled, “Oh! You must be the new student! I’ll contact the principle right away, he was expecting you, so he’ll be here in a couple of minutes so please make yourself comfortable.” Kain was taken aback by her kindness and felt slightly stupid for thinking she would be mad.
 He took off his jacket and headed over to one of the couches to sit. In a little while the principle came just like the secretary had said, and once again the principle’s reaction surprised  Kain a bit.
 “Why hello! You must be Kain! I’m Mr. Steiner, the principle of the school.” He reached out and gave Kain a hardy handshake, then turned away saying, “Now if you would please follow me, I’ll show you around the school.”  
 Kain followed the man, thinking  how different these people were to the people he was used to being around. The ones he knew never smiled, were quite impatient, and had that kind of aura that if you made a mistake, they would beat you. These people seemed kind and calm, it was nice to be here.
  Mr. Steiner lead Kain down various halls and up many stairs, all while Kain observed the many classrooms they passed and all the children they contained.
 He felt a little dizzy, as he never thought there would be so many people here. He decided to take his mind off of it by asking a question, “Mr. Steiner, aren’t you angry that I came in late?”
 Mr. Steiner stopped and turned towards Kain, giving him another one of those heart-warming smiles, “Not in the slightest! Your guardian told me about your extensive flight yesterday, so I didn’t expect you to be on time. Is there anything else you would like to know?”
 Kain decided this was probably a person he could trust, and decided to ask one last question, “Um... yes, could you show me where my classroom is?”
 Mr. Steiner went off saying, “Ah, of course! Just follow me to my office because the second period is about the end. There I’ll explain a couple more things, then I shall show you to your class.”
 Kain followed him. After seeing more of the school and the many classrooms, he started hoping it would take a good amount of time because seeing so many different people, he was having second thoughts about the school.

The bell rang, announcing to everybody that the periond ended. The hallways flooded with students transfering to different classrooms.
 Samantha placed her notebook into her backpack and yawned.
 Candice, who was right behind her, stuffed her books into her bag and laughed, “History has got to be the most boring class in the world!”
 She stood up and another person behind them said, “Agreed, I always sleep during this class, all the teacher does is make us take notes and listen to her lectures all day, it never changes.” The person who spoke out was black-haired girl named Patricia, who was one of Candice’s friends.
 Samantha got up and put her backpack on her back, “I happen to like listening about the Middle Ages, it’s cool to hear about how people lived before electricity was discovered isn’t it?”
 Both Patricia and Candice stared at Samantha in silence for a few seconds before Candice finally got up and headed for the door, “Well, I guess we should be going before we get late...”
 Samantha followed her out, saying, "I bet you didn't even know what today's topic wa about!"
 The three girls walked down the crowded halls, trying to find their lockers in the mess that was made up of students.    
 Samantha stopped at her locker, waving to the other two, “See you guys at biology!”
 The pair waved back, and continued on to their lockers.
 Samantha opened her locker and started gathering the materials she needed for the next class, when a boy walked up behind her and paused.
 “Um... hey Samantha.” She turned around turned around and recognized him as one of the other guys from a different freshmen class. He looked nervous, and was looking off in different directions as if trying to find something, “Eh... look. I have to, um, ask you something...”
 Samantha knew what he was going to ask and shook her head, “I’m sorry Richard, I don’t feel like going out with anyone right now.”
 The boy, whose name was Richard, looked disappointed but relieved at the same time. He backed away and half-whispered, “Oh ok... Sorry f-for wasting your time...” He then ran down the hallway and out of sight.
 She sighed and started walking in the other direction, “This is getting out of hand...”
 Samantha reached her next classroom and saw Candice patiently waiting for her. Candice saw her and waved.    
 Samantha came over and sat next to her, “Candice, what am I going to do? Another guy from class B asked me out...”
 Candice shook her head in amazement and laughed, “Another one? That’s the fifth one this month! Who was it this time?”
 Samantha looked down in embarrassment, “It was Richard Noble.”  
 Candice stared at her wide eyed, “Noble?! Not only is he in the baseball team, but he’s also pretty cute on top of that! If a guy like that asked me out I would accept it without hesitation!” She covered her eyes with her hands, “Why can’t I be as popular as you Sam?”
 Just then another girl sat next to Candice and asked, “What’s wrong Candice?” Candice turned to her and started saying, “You wouldn’t believe what happened to Sam again!”
 Samantha’s mind wandered elsewhere as the two other girls gossipped. Her once good mood was ruined by the proposition. She was thinking how many more boys would ask her out before they would leave her alone, when suddenly the bell rang.

Everyone in the classroom was ready for the next class when the teacher, named Ms. William, came in with a dark-blonde haired boy following her.
 She stood near her desk and announced, “Good morning class! This young man here is a transfer student who will be joining this class from now on.”
 Samantha nearly gasped out loud. She immediately recognized him as the boy she saw earlier that morning.
 Ms. William continued, “Care to tell us your name, and where you're from darling?”
 The boy was madly fidgeting with his hands when he answered, “Um... sure, m-my name is  K-Kain Cobwell and I-I come f-from Russia.”
 Ms. William smiled and said, “Than you Kain, and welcome to America! I look forward to teaching you from now on. Now if someone would be kind enough to volunteer and look after Kain for the rest of the day?”
 Samantha’s thought this would be interesting so she raised her hand.
 “Oh thank you for volunteering miss Roseheart! Now Kain, please take the seat behind her and watch us for today, ok?”

Kain was melting. He felt like he was sweating like a pig and he was having serious thoughts about staying at this school. He was a bit surprised that someone would volunteer to help him around the school so quickly. He looked at the girl who volunteered, a nice-looking girl with long black hair, or maybe brown hair? Another girl, who had short whitish hair, whispered something to her, and giggled. What did she say? It seem didn’t matter, but he started looking around at the other students who were, to his discomfort, looking directly at him.
 He sat down and the girl who volunteered turned around and said with an odd half-smile.
 “Hello, I’m Samantha, but you can call me Sam, and this is Candice, my best friend.”
 Kain nodded and quickly said hi as he turned in various other directions as different classmates introduced themselves. He was astonished at the enthusiasm and friendliness most of them showed. He started to calm down slightly as class finally started.

Last edited by WatcherOfSky on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Lues Rapax (pt 2)

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Biology class proceeded uneventfully, other than the fact Kain couldn’t stop himself from looking at all of his new classmates. He never realized there could be so many different kinds of people in the world. He tried to focus on listening to the teacher’s lecture, but he was having a hard time understanding what she was saying, english was not his best language and he was nervous about that. Almost anything he would notice in class seemed to be a problem in his eyes. Was he really made out to go to school?
  Eventually, the bell rang and he let out a long sigh. Candice turned around, her blue eyes sparkling, “You’re really from Russia? Must have been cold there huh?” Kain sensed that more students were gathering around them, so he tried to answer as best he could, “Um... yes very cold...” He lied, he actually had no idea what the weather was like in Russia, but he assumed it was very cold. Candice continued asking more questions, “So why did you move to America? It must be very different to living in Russia, which city were you living in?” Kain looked around at the eager faces expecting a reply to this, each looking as if they would ask the same questions. He turned back to Samantha and said, “Er, I lived near Moscow, a-and I would say the lifestyles are very different. I, er... moved because I wasn’t... satisfied with my lifestyle over there.”
  Kain wasn’t used to having to talk this much, but to his dismay, more students started asking him questions, “You must know Russian pretty well right? Could you say something?” “Oh, um... what do you want me to say ?” More people crowded around him as they gave him suggestions of what to say. Samanatha noticed Kain was feeling uncomfortable by being asked so many questions at once and decided it was enough., “Lay off of him guys, he just came here. Let’s give him some air.” Reluctantly, the students went back to the other various activities that they needed to do. Kain sighed again, feeling like he had been saved. Candice giggled, “Sorry, I got a little carried away.” She winked at him and got up, getting her supplies ready. Samantha stood up as well and started for the door, “Come on, we are going to be late for the next class.”

(...)

The assistant was was trying hard not to think about the punishement he would be getting once the boss got back. He was sitting in his desk in front of  his boss’ office. He had frantically tried to stop the stupid kid from leaving, but there were too many people in the dark that complied with the deal.  What was he going to say to stop the boss from killing him? He started sweating, remembering what the boss did to Vadim when he failed to kill his target. He tried to take his mind off of it by doing some more paperwork, but it kept scratching at the back of his mind, like a cat that is trying to show that it wants to go back inside. He laid back on his chair, sighing. This was going to be a real problem he kept repeating to himself.
  Suddenly someone burst through the door to the room and the assistant nearly fell out of his chair. It was the boss, and he looked like he could erupt at any moment, ‘Where is that damned boy?! Don’t you dare tell me that he got away!” He screamed in Russian. The assistant whimpered, “H-he got away sir. Someone had the papers for release since he wasn’t needed as an experiment anymore...” The boss smashed his fists onto the desk, “Got away?! Why didn’t you stop the papers from being signed?! Who was the one who helped him escape?!” The assistant gulped, flinching every time the boss slammed his fists on the desk, “It was, er, William sir, er, you know, Daniel’s assistant.”
  The Boss calmed down a bit, “William? I knew I should have gotten rid of him while I had the chance. Ok then, do you at least know where they went to?” The asstistant feverishly went through some of his paperwork, knowing that if he failed this, he would definately die, “Er... er, yes here.” He pulled out a document, “It says here that they went to New York, though I don’t have where exactly though...” The boss stopped, he was completely calm at this point, and almost relieved, “Well then, this makes things even simpler.” A sly grin spread across his face, “In fact, it’s almost like destiny.” He turned around and went back out the door saying, “Ok then, the plan is to take effect in four days, so make sure the preparations are complete by then.” He stopped at the door and turned his head towards the unfortunate assistant, “Also, I will not be as merciful if you ever fail me again, understand?” The assistant nodded, “Yes boss, I understand.” The boss sighed a long thoughtful sigh and walked out.
  The asistant fell over his desk, scattering papers everywhere, he had lived through it this time. He quickly pulled himself together again and went off to start working.

(...)
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Lues Rapax (pt 3)

Post by WatcherOfSky Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm

It was I.T. class, and the end of the school day was rapidly approaching as Kain started reflecting upon it. First of he still could not believe how many students there were, as it just seemed overwhelming to him. He thought about how many schools similar to this one there could be in the world, and decided that it was best that he left the thought alone, as it was intensely belittling him.
  Then, of course, were the lessons themselves. He had difficulty understanding some of the subjects, namely Math and Chemistry. He was quite anxious about how he would be able to handle them, but he also left that thought alone for the same reason. The subject he did like on the other hand was Music class. He liked listening to the soothing music and learning about their composers and what the songs themselves represented. I.T. class was also not something he could handle, as he had no idea how to handle computers. The teacher told him not to worry about it and that he would help him later on, so that gave him the rest of the class for himself.
Last, but certainly not least, was the matter of lunches. A full hour was given as a break for lunch and free study. His first experience with the foods there were not something he was going to forget easily. The variety of fried foods and sweets left him in bliss disbelief. He, for some odd reason, particularly enjoyed the French Fries, and the combination of another thing he had discovered, which was ketchup, with the French Fries was unlike anything he had tasted before. Best of all, the cafeteria had a seemingly endless supply of both, so he ate to his heart’s content.
  Kain was in the middle of contemplating on how France could have invented such a wonderful thing, when the bell indicating the end of school rang, interrupting the thought and startling him. He looked around. Most of the students fortunately seemed more interested in getting out of school over anything else. He suddenly realized someone was talking to him, and quickly turned around, “Oh, sorry, I was not paying attention.” It was Samantha, and she was temporarily distracted by his comment before saying, “Ah, I just wanted to know where you live.” Kain thought about this for a moment and said, “I do not remember the address, but I take the number (?) bus to the stop (??). My apartment is right near the stop.” She looked surprised for a moment, and then said, “I know that area, it’s closer to downtown.” Kain looked around to see he rest of the class had already left, “Where did Candice go?” Samantha checked her watch before answering, “She has cheerleading practice right after class three times a week, so she had to leave right away. I have choir practice in a little bit so I have to get going too.” She paused for a moment, as if to think about something before adding, “Come and check it out some time, it’s every Tuesday and Friday in the music room.” She got up and headed for the door, waving and smiling, “See you Kain, I’ll be looking forward to it!” Kain gave a sort of half-smile and waved back, “Uh… yes, bye.” And with that she left.
  Kain slumped back into his chair, sighed and stared at the doorway. He would have continued to stare at it for sometime if the teacher, who was still present, would not have interrupted him, “Kain, the principal told me to show you to your locker after school, so if you would please follow me.” Kain got up and followed after him. The teacher’s name was Mr. Schauer, and Kain felt more comfortable around him than other teaches, as he seemed more calm and patient. He was a small man with very short, brown hair and a small moustache.
As they were walking down the hall, Kain spotted Samantha fetching something from a locker. She closed it and hurriedly half-ran down the opposite way, joining up with another girl who seemed to have been waiting for her. The two disappeared around the corner, seemingly having not noticed the two other people advancing from the other side, which disappointed Kain.
  Mr. Schauer stopped at the locker, which was to Kain’s surprise, three lockers down from Samantha’s, “Your locker code is thirty, twenty-five, twelve and six. Let me show you how to unlock it.” With a lot of turning, it unlocked and the locker opened.  He closed it and closed the lock again, “Now you try.” Kain fiddled with the lock for a little while, with Mr. Schauer’s help, until finally he opened it. He redid it a few times to memorize the pattern. “Good job! The principal also wanted you to go to his office when you were ready. I need to get back to work so if you would excuse me please.” They gave their farewells, and then Mr. Schauer headed down the hallway, and Kain went off in the direction of the main office.
  Once he came to the large wooden doors that were the entrance to the main office. He knocked on the door and waited somewhat nervously. Mr. Steiner’s voice rang out and echoed down the halls, “I’ll be right there!” He opened the door, welcoming Kain into his office. Kain was a little surprised to see Will in the office already, waiting for him. He was sitting on a couch, in which he patted the sport next to him, inviting him to sit next to him. He did, and after organizing a few papers on his desk and taking them, Mr. Steiner joined them in his own chair, “So Kain, how was your first day of school? Did you make any friends yet?” Kain considered this for a moment and said, “Yes, I think so.” Will nudged him delightedly, “That’s great! I told you that you would be fine here!” Mr. Steiner nodded in agreement, “Indeed, that is definitely a great way to start off. Now we need to get your school supplies organized.” He lifted some papers up and displayed them to the both, “Here are some papers with information of what is needed to know to catch up in the lessons. They include mostly page numbers within the textbooks that you will be receiving shortly.” He got up and headed towards the door, “Please follow me and I will give Kain everything he needs for school.” They followed him out, and the three went to get Kain’s textbooks.

Samantha was in the front lobby. Choir practice had just ended and she was waiting for Candice as she was taking with a red-haired girl, who also went to her choir practice, named Martha. “So I heard that there is this new foreign exchange student in your class. What’s he like?” “Oh, his name is Kain, he’s from Russia. I actually was the one who got to show him around school.” Martha started to get excited, ”Ooh, tell me more!” Samantha took a minute to think of what else to say, “Well… he has dark blonde hair, isn’t too tall, and he is pretty thin too. His English is so good that you can barely catch his accent.” Martha sat back into the couch, “He sounds cute! I have to get a peek!” Samantha took a glimpse at the hallway behind Martha, and saw Candice rushing towards them with her gym bag in hand.
Candice came into the lobby and approached the two girls. She sat down in the arm-chair across from them, “hey Sammy, hey Martha, how’re you guys doing?” Martha answered her enthusiastically, “We were just talking about the new kid in your class! What do you think about him?” Candice smiled and giggled, “I’d say he would make a great husband for Sam!” She winked at Sam, and both she and Martha laughed. Samantha blushed with embarrassment, “Hey! I volunteered to show him around school because he seemed interesting! It’s not like I would choose him as my boyfriend, I’ve already told you I’m not ready to do that kind of stuff yet…” Candice gave her a friendly nudge, “Oh come on! You know I’m only kidding!” Martha then exclaimed, “Yeah, cus I’m going to make him mine first!” The three of them started laughing at this when Samantha’s phone rang out.  She checked it and said, “Aww, my moms here, we have to get going now. Bye Martha!” Candice added, “yeah see ya tomorrow.” Martha waved them good-bye as they headed out the main entrance and through the front courtyard towards the school parking lot.
   About halfway to the parking lot Candice spotted some people on the sports field in the distance to their right, “Seems like the sophomores are having baseball practice today… Josh must be with them too right now huh? Samantha started to walk a little faster, “Please don’t bring that up right now.” Candice matched her pace, “I mean I know you don’t like talking about it, but I really think it could have worked out! If you just weren’t so stubborn…” Samantha replied, before Candice could finish her sentence, with an annoyed tone, “Candice please!” Candice stopped, and the rest of the walk was held in silence, both of them lost in their own thoughts. They shortly reached the parking lot and Samantha spotted her mother’s mini-van. Candice shouted, “Shotgun!” and ran through the parking lot up to the car. She opened the front seat door, “Hi Mrs. Roseheart!” Samantha’s mother closed the book she was reading and looked up at her. She gave her a warm smile and said, “Oh, hi Candice! Where’s Sam?” Candice pointed behind herself, “She’s right behind me.” “Hi Candy!” Candice turned around to see Samantha’s twin sisters, Caity and Suzy, sitting in the far back of the van. She grinned at them, “Hey you little munchkins! You here to bother us after school again?” Caity giggled, “We will be here ev’ryday to bother you!” Candice laughed when Suzy said, “We won’t stop ‘till you give us more lollipops!” Candice tossed them each a lollipop she was saving for them in her bag and commented, “You two are going to get chubby from all these lollipops!” They giggled some more as they each tried somewhat vainly to pry off the wrapper.
  Samantha opened the door and slowly slumped into the seat and sighed. She turned around to see her sisters sucking mirthfully on a lollipop. She turned forward again and said, “More lollipops?” How many are you getting from your mom?” Candice replied while the car started moving, “Only enough for them two, they barely cost anything from the worker discount at the supermarket.” Samantha laid back into the seat and gazed at the passing scenery. “So how did you do today girls.” asked Samantha’s mom, “There’s this new foreign exchange student in our class!” Samantha’s mom quickly glanced at her in interest, “That’s cool! Where’s he from?”
“Russia.”
  “How exciting!” She exclaimed. She then turned her attention towards Samantha, “So how did you do today Sam?”
“I got an A on my Math test.”  She answered passively, she was slightly distracted by the outrageous slurping sounds coming from behind, “That’s great, you really seemed to be trying hard on that one!”
“What did you get on that test Candice?” Candice looked down at her lap and started twiddling her thumbs and mumbled gloomily, “Well, I got a C. I think it’s because my name starts with a C that I’m doomed to mostly C’s on my report card…” Samantha’s mother laughed at the joke and even Samantha chuckled quietly. “I think we should get Sam to start tutoring you soon huh?” She laughed some more when she saw a slight frown on both of their faces at this comment.
  Eventually the dark-blue mini-van found it’s way into the driveway belonging to the Roseheart residents.  The driveway continued into a garage, which was filled with lots of random stuff other than cars. This garage belonged to a nice and neat house, which resided in a nice and neat suburban neighborhood. . Candice was the first out of the car, “Thanks Mrs. Roseheart for the lift. See ya tomorrow Sam!” She quickly said before continuing onward to her house, which looked almost identical to Samantha’s, next door. “Bye Candice!” Shouted Samantha as she slowly stepped out of the backseat, and then folding the chair to release the twins. They hopped out and followed their mother to the front door, giggling as they showed her their brightly colored tongues from the lollipops. Samantha closed the door and sighed again. The car beeped, showing that is was locked and Samantha turned around to see the sun setting slowly on the horizon, an ocean of orange clouds. She could hear Caity and Suzy arguing over what they wanted for dinner as they went inside. She couldn’t stop thinking about what Candice said about Josh, and then stared at his house, which was down the street, and also looked quite similar to their own. Ultimately, she also went inside.
  After dinner, Candice went into her room to do homework. She sat down at her desk and prepared everything she needed to be done. Opening her biology textbook and notebook, she started on her work, but that didn’t last long until she stopped and starting thinking about Josh again. She laid her head down on the desk and sighed for the umpteenth time. Maybe she really should have gone into it, maybe she was too stubborn. She had been friends with him ever since he moved into the neighborhood six years ago. These questions revolved around her head and seemed to haunt her, until her phone rang, startling her from her trance-like state. It was a text-message and it was from Josh. From Josh! She gulped, because she hadn’t talked to him much, or even seen him to be precise, since the declension about a month ago. It took her five minutes just to open the message, and when she did, she stared, wide eyed while reading it. She read it again. She read it a third time just to be sure she wasn’t missing anything.

Hey Sam. It’s been some time since we last did anything huh? I just thought you might want to go with some friends and I on Saturday to do some stuff around downtown. You can invite whomever you want you want. Just reply with a yes and no. I’m thinking around ten’ish around the old clock near the station. Hope you can come!

Samantha still could not believe what she had just and just gawked at it in astonishment. It was exactly the thing she needed to fix the mistake, which she was now sure that it was a mistake now, she made. In a burst of excitement she texted back that she did want to go, and impatiently waited for some sort of reply. She looked out her window, gazing longingly at his house. The lights inside were on, so she knew he was home. Suddenly another text came and she hastily opened it and read the contents.

That’s great! Can’t wait for it. Smile goodnight!

Things could have not gone better for her. She started planning on a way to isolate them somewhere so she could tell him she changed her mind. She got goosebumbs thinking about it. The only downside to all of this though was that she stayed up extremely late finishing her homework.
WatcherOfSky
WatcherOfSky
Admin

Back to top Go down

My old dream vault. Empty Re: My old dream vault.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum